The War on Drugs and efficacy
The former Governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson has many libertarian views and a philosophy of limited government. We’ve taken some of the main points in his public speeches, graphic-ized them, and they provide an interesting point of political views.
Some of his revolutionary claims include:
- “Marijuana is safer than alcohol”
- “75% of border violence with Mexico is due to drugs”
- “Legalize marijuana instead of 1.8 million arrests and $70B”
- “Other governors privately support ending drug war”
- “War on Drugs is a miserable failure, there are $30B spent on it; $6M for treatment”
- “Why don’t we just allow people to go to drugstores and get their methadone with a prescription?”
Drugs and political points of view
What’s your point of view on this issue? Do you agree with Mr. Johnson? Or are you opposed to his political claims? We’d appreciate your thoughts and comments on this subject. Please post them in the comments section below, and we’ll get back with you promptly.