Do you or a loved on need help for drug addiction? Taking the first steps and getting help does not have to be scary. In fact, proper treatment for any problem related to drug addiction WILL HELP!
So, when you begin the search for a quality rehab center…what should you look for? More on how and where to find help for drug rehab here. Then, we invite your questions or comments about the process of rehabilitation at the end. In fact, we try to answer all legitimate questions personally (and promptly).
What is quality inpatient drug rehabilitation?
Effective treatment relies on several principles. Before you decide to enter residential drug treatment, consider these 5 MUST HAVES for a stable and successful inpatient addiction rehabilitation program.
1. An individual treatment plan – Any drug rehabilitation center should include customized treatment options for every person. Additionally, the rehab process will vary in length according to a patient’s progress.
Drug rehab offerings should include medical detox, behavioral and psychological treatment, alternative therapies, as well as an aftercare program and alumni network. Through providing evidence based treatment, highest outcomes can be met.
2. A medically assisted detox – Detox is the first step in treatment, so it is important to find a rehab where the process will be guided in a relaxing and comfortable setting. Any quality drug rehab should come equipped with a medical detox clinic. The process of 24-7 supervision by doctors, nurses, and rehab staff can safely free you from drug dependence and will address withdrawal symptoms as they occur.
3. Feeling comfortable in the facility – This requirement does not mean just nice beds, chairs and wonderful colors on the walls, but trustworthy staff members and a feel of comfort in the room(s) you stay in.
Real addiction treatment continues after detox, so this element will be a major determining factor for additional stay when needed. Feeling comfortable also prevents people from bouncing from one rehab center to another and spending time on repeated adaptation.
4. Aftercare treatment plans – Aftercare plans help map out long-term conditions you want to achieve after rehab, while addressing all kind of needs related to complete self-care. In the aftercare treatment plan, coping strategies will be defined for the possible challenges that you will face when you leave treatment. The plan must be personalized as well, to satisfy individual requirements.
5. Precise medical record keeping – Medical records serve many purposes. First and foremost, they document the history of examination, diagnosis and treatment of a patient. This information is vital for all providers involved in a person’s care and for any subsequent new provider who assumes responsibility for that person. In disciplinary or peer review matters, medical records can justify (or refute) the need for a particular treatment.
A word on rehab licensing and certification
It is really important that you seek only certified addiction treatment programs. Check if the treatment program is accredited by the state it’s in. State licensing requirements can be found here: SAMHSA State Licensing Standards. Ideally, the facility will also be certified by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
What kinds of inpatient drug rehabilitation are available?
Treatment methods have been created to fit the needs of a variety of people. Some of these methods focus on spirituality, religion, or nonreligious needs. Some examples of programs that might be offered include:
- Faith-based programs (such as Christian drug rehabs)
- Holistic programs
- Non-12-step programs
- Nonspiritual programs
- Religious programs
- Spiritual programs
- Twelve-step programs
Inpatient drug rehabilitation can follow any of these programs, or a special program may be developed for a patient when necessary. It is important to look at a variety of therapy options before starting. Options regarding the duration of your residential drug rehab stay are also available, so you can get the most out of your treatment based on your individual needs. This will make sure that the clinic is a good fit for you.
Inpatient drug rehabilitation options and questions
We’re happy to answer questions you have and address any concerns before you seek help. Just leave them in the comments section below, and we’ll get back you as soon as we can.