Stuck in addiction? Believable Hope (BOOK REVIEW)
Do you feel overcome by addiction? Do you see no way out? Thankfully, there are many solutions available to you. And, it’s important to remember that you are not alone.
Here, we review a book that can help you. Then, we invite your questions, comments, and feedback at the end. We try to respond to all legitimate queries with a personal and prompt response.
You can beat addiction!
In his book “Believable Hope – Five Essential Elements To Beat Any Addiction“, Michael Cartwright shares his own experience with addiction and gives you real-life examples of people who have struggled to beat their own addiction behavior. This book can help you turn inward and show you how to increase your self-confidence. It will give you true applicable lessons on how to and why to stay sober.
But why should you consider buying this book?
First, Michael Cartwright is a respected addiction industry figure that has personal experience with addiction. He is a leading advocate for dual diagnosis treatment and was a founding board member for the 12-Step organization Dual Recovery Anonymous, a national support group helping people suffering from combined mental health and substance abuse issues. He currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of American Addiction Centers, a behavioral healthcare company.
Second, Michael Cartwright wrote this book in a simple and structural way, so you can easily take all the lessons from it. In his 5 elements to beat any addiction, the main messages include:
1. Believe and hope – Your aim must be realistic and find a reason to believe that freedom is possible. One way to do this is to list all the positive/good things you have in your life.
2. Visualize the life you want – To get out of addiction, it is not only important to change how you see yourself, but to decide what you want to be. Change your mindset, because that defines your future path.
3. Surround yourself with winners – Michael believes in the principle that you become who you surround yourself with. Learn what people to avoid and whom you will allow to be in your life.
4. Put your plan into action – A goal is a plan which you must realize in certain period of time. If long term sobriety is your goal, Start by doing what is necessary and track your progress. The first steps are the hardest, but you must get started.
5. Maintain the life you love – This means that if you relapse you don’t need to start all over again in recovery from addiction. Just acknowledge the mistakes you’ve made and get back on the right path.
However, we find this book especially helpful and interesting to read, because Michael gives real examples of people who had issues with addiction and takes the best from that life experiences. The way he presents the lessons and finds the core of the problem, only presents his deep understanding and professional approach to solve any addiction. And it is through the anecdotal stories that you can relate and see the path to start to get un-stuck from unhealthy behaviors.
Do you know someone who is stuck in addiction?
If you yourself have struggled with a drug or alcohol problem, suffered from prolonged depression or weight gain, this is a book for you. Also, if any member of your family or close friend have problem with addiction, this book will help put you directly into their point of view. It will help you understand their situation with compassion and give you ideas on how to practically help them now.
Wondering where you can find “Believable Hope – Five Essential Elements To Beat Any Addiction” by Michael Cartwright. To buy the book, check his site believablehope.com. Additionally, if you are left with any questions about this book, we ask you to post them in the section below. We also welcome your feedback if you’ve read the book, and invite you to comment and share your opinion below.
Photo credit: Darren Tunnicliff