1. Recognize that your body is your own, no matter what shape, size, or color it comes in.
2. If you are worried about your weight or size, check in with your doctor to make sure that your health and size are within average ranges for someone your age.
3. When you hear negative comments coming from within yourself, tell yourself to stop.
4. Give yourself three compliments every day.
5. Every evening list three things in your day that really gave you pleasure. By focusing on the good things you do and the positive aspects of your life, you can change how you feel about yourself.
6. Understand that it’s no one’s business what your body looks like. You have to be happy with yourself. Forget the haters.
7. Identify which aspects of your appearance you can realistically change and which you can’t. Everyone has things about themselves that they can’t change and need to accept – like their height, for example, or their shoe size.
8. If there are things about yourself that you want to change and can (such as how fit you are), do this by making goals for yourself. Create a realistic exercise plan and eat nutritious foods.
9. Track your progress until you reach your goal. Meeting a challenge you set for yourself is a great way to boost self-esteem!
10. Celebrate your victories by rewarding yourself when you reach your goals. Buy yourself something special that can commemorate the moment and achievements in your life.