How do you know that someone is using and abusing drugs or alcohol?
Although we can be off on occasion, fellow addicts can usually tell if someone is in denial, in relapse, or high by their body language. Specifically, looking a person in the eyes will do the trick. Just as in this video of the last days of Marilyn Monroe, an alcoholic or addict will display a few common symptoms.
Do you know of any other tell-tale signs?
- A piercing gaze that communicates defiance and anger
- Eyes that are vacant and void of presence
- Eyes that communicate emptiness, loneliness and/or despair
- The inability to hold a gaze for longer than a few seconds
- Dilated pupils
- Heavy and lowered eyelids
- Shifty eyes that cannot stay focused on one point